SFXC Self Crackle 2 Part Screen printing ink-
You cant help but be fascinated by the way this crackle effect screen printing ink re-creates a really effective 'vintage look'. The SFXC Crackle '2 part system' is a water based product that's ready to use use when you are!
You will need to apply the first coat, which is the ' Self Crack Underbase'... that needs to printed as a fairly thick layer first, this should then be 'flash cured' until dry to the touch. It is possible to colour the underbase using coloured pigments (up to 6%), although the original white gives an amazing crackled effect all by itself.
The second part of the process is equally as easy as the 'Self Crack' topcoat is ready to use. If you use less ink the cracks will be smaller, if you use more ink the cracks will be larger. For best results we recommend you apply a medium to thick layer. When you have completed your printing you will need to dry out the item or garment for 2 1/2 - 3 minutes at a temperature of 165c (330F).
- Fabric type - Cotton or poly cotton blends
- Mesh - 15 - 43T (38-110)
- Squeegee - Medium 65 - rectangular
- Stencil - Water resistant emulsion
- Cure temperature - 2 1/2 - 3 mins at 165C (330F)
- Pigment loading - Up to 6% Eco pigments
- Additives - Softener TS Conc. Retardant Gel. Crosslinker 200
- Storage - In a cool place properly closed > 5C (40F) < 25C (77F)
- Health & Safety - MSDS available upon request
- Cleaning up - Wash off screen using water and a mild detergent
Frequently asked questions
Q: My Crackle wont crack?
A: You have not used enough
Q: Can I colour my Crackle?
A: Yes, use 6% Eco pigments to reach desired colour.
Q: Is it OK to wash out my equipment with water afterwards?
A: Yes only use water and detergent, this product is fully water soluable
Why not check out our other speciality screen inks such as Glitter, thermochromic, hydrochromic and photochromic's, they are 'Magic'
The information supplied in this product description is for guidance only.
Please fully test our products before print runs, projects, installations and production.
Colours and packaging may vary.